From buying groceries to booking flights, having a President's Choice Financial® Mastercard® is about having access to convenience. With sweet credit card rewards and PC Optimum points, you can be earning free stuff as you shop. But, perks and convenience aside, President’s Choice Financial also has your back behind the scenes as well, helping ensure your shopping experience is as safe and secure as possible.
Here is a quick reference guide on how President's Choice Financial helps protect you from credit card fraud:
Your President's Choice Financial® Mastercard® is Loaded with Safety Features
Although you may not notice it at first glance, the design of your credit card is actually more complicated than it looks. Since many would-be fraudsters might attempt to replicate or mimic a card in order to access someone’s credit, a series of security features can help identify genuine cards, and flag fraudulent ones.
All President's Choice Financial® Mastercard® cards have:
- Official Mastercard® hologram
- Tamper evident signature box (to be signed by cardholders)
- Chip allowing the card to be accessed by a PIN
- 3-digit indented printed CVC2 number
- Contactless payment technology
- Feature where the last four digits of the credit card number must appear on the cardholder receipt after a purchase
24/7 Customer Service
If you suspect your President's Choice Financial® Mastercard® has been stolen, call us immediately at 1-866-246-PCMC (7262). To help speed up the cancellation process, try to have your credit card number available.
Within Canada and the U.S. Call toll-free 1-866-246-PCMC (7262)
Outside Canada or the U.S. call collect 647-426-1343
After the cancellation and reporting of your lost or stolen President's Choice Financial® Mastercard® is complete, a brand new card will be on the way to you,
Tips to avoiding credit card fraud:
- Keep your card in a safe and secure location at all times
- Always keep your credit card number personal; shred any documents where it is listed
- Never sign blank credit card receipts and cross out any blank areas on the receipt
- Be prudent where and to whom you give out your credit card information to