Important changes to your PC Money™ Account Agreement
We’re making some changes to your PC Money™ Account Agreement. These changes describe a new email alert we’ll send you to help you keep track of your account balance, provide information on how you can reach a resource person about the terms and conditions of your account, and increase your rights when you contact us to address a concern. Below we’ve summarized what these changes are, and where you can find them in your Account Agreement.
For the complete, updated version of your Account Agreement that includes these changes, use the link below, or log in to your online PC Financial® account.
The following changes to your Account Agreement take effect on June 30, 2022:
We’re adding a new section to your Account Agreement to describe a new email alert we’ll send to help you keep track of your account balance and avoid an overdraft on your account. The following is added after section 11.3 “Deposits and Withdrawals”:
11.3.1 Low Available Balance Alert Effective no later than June 30 2022, in the event the available balance on your Account falls below $100, or another amount you may choose, we will send an alert to the email you've provided for your Account notifying you of your current available balance and how to avoid any associated fees. You can modify the default amount of $100, or opt out of this alert through the PC Financial Website.
We’re also updating section 22 “How to contact us” to provide information on how you can reach a resource person who is knowledgeable about the terms and conditions of your account. The underlined sentence below is added to the end of the first paragraph of section 22:
We value customer feedback and encourage you to contact us. Our Customer Contact Centre handles all questions and comments about your Account. To speak to a person who is knowledgeable about the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and for all other inquiries about your Account, get in touch with us using the methods below.
Finally, in sections 23 “How to resolve concerns with us” and 24 “Your right to independent review”, we’re making changes to clarify our commitment to handling your concerns in a timely, transparent manner, and to make the process easier to follow. These sections are also amended by adding the following information:
• Once a complaint is submitted to our Customer Support team, you will receive an acknowledgement that your complaint has been received and is under review
• At any point during the process, you can request that your complaint be escalated to PC Financial Executive Customer Care for handling,
• If our Customer Support team is unable to resolve your complaint within fourteen (14) days of receipt, we will escalate your complaint to PC Financial Executive Customer Care for handling
• The President’s Choice Bank Ombudsman is renamed the PC Financial Complaint Appeal Office
• If your complaint is not resolved or closed within fifty-six (56) days after receipt by President’s Choice Bank, you may contact the Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments (OBSI), who is independent from President's Choice Bank and provides a dispute resolution service that is free to use.
If you reside in Quebec, you may refuse any or all of these changes and rescind the contract without cost or penalty by sending us a notice in writing that you wish to close your account no later than 30 days after the amendments come into force. If you reside in any other province, keeping PC Money™ Account open after the effective date of the changes to your Account Agreement constitutes your agreement to these changes.