PC Financial® offers Canadians a no annual fee World Elite Mastercard® for three times the reward earning potential
(Toronto, Ontario –September 9, 2015) - PC Financial® services today announced the launch of their latest credit card offering, the PC Financial® World Elite Mastercard®. The new credit card marks the launch of the first Canadian no annual fee World Elite Mastercard and is designed to provide Canadian shoppers with even more value.
To support the launch of the new card, PC Financial® services commissioned Leger Marketing to survey Canadians about their credit card and rewards habits to better understand what they value most when it comes to credit. The results show that more than three-quarters, 78 per cent, of Canadian respondents prefer everyday rewards from their credit cards vs. high credit limits and luxurious add-ons.
“We perform regular checks with our customers to ensure our products remain competitive and deliver unrivalled value to Canadian families,” said Barry Columb, President of President’s Choice Bank®. “The PC Financial World Elite Mastercard is the biggest product innovation in our almost 20 year history, one that leverages the full scope of the Loblaw family of businesses, while still delivering what our customers want most, everyday value.”
The PC Financial® World Elite Mastercard® is a no annual fee, premium card that rewards Canadians for everyday purchases. Card holders across Canada will now receive:
- 3X the PC® points at Loblaw banner stores (including Loblaw gas bar locations);
- 3X the PC® points at Shoppers Drug Mart and PharmaPrix;
- Up to 3 cents per litre fuel purchases at Esso stations, payable in PC® points;
- 3X the PC® points on PC® mobile services; and
- 3X the PC® points on PC Travel services (pctravel.ca)
This is all in addition to the 10 PC® points customers regularly earn for each dollar spent on the card everywhere else. With accelerated point collection and more places to earn, PC Financial® World Elite Mastercard®customers will be able to redeem points sooner.
The survey found that while 88 per cent of Canadian respondents own a credit card, one-fifth admit to being more knowledgeable about hockey or sports than the benefits of their card. In fact, between a quarter and third of Canadians say they never redeem their reward benefits.
“Canadian families are looking to maximize savings on their day-to-day expenses,” said mom, author and PC Financial® Chief Family Advisor, Kathy Buckworth. “Thirty-four per cent of respondents admit to checking their reward balances monthly, but there’s a lot of confusion about what and how to redeem. The new PC Financial® World Elite Mastercard® is an easy solution, which helps Canadians maximize savings on everyday purchases such as groceries, leaving more room in the family budget.”
“A no annual fee credit card that offers rewards can help reduce expenses,” added personal finance expert & PC Financial® advisor, Rubina Ahmed-Haq. “Many people overlook the reward cards in their wallet, but they provide some of the easiest ways to trim overall costs.”
Ahmed-Haq provided three easy tips to follow when looking to collect and redeem rewards including:
- Make a list: Be sure to have a list in hand before heading out the door. This will ensure you don’t overspend and if you plan ahead, you can identify items with bonus reward points that will increase your earning power.
- Reap the rewards: Do you have the discipline to keep that cash in the bank and pay your credit card bill in full when it’s due? If yes, it’s better to charge your purchases to a credit card with loyalty points and reap the benefits of the rewards.
- Make it easy: Making the most of a rewards credit card, like the PC Financial® World Elite Mastercard®, should be easy. When shopping for groceries or everyday items, be sure to redeem PC® points, as part of the PC Plus® program, right at checkout for instant savings – no sense in saving them for later.
The PC Financial® World Elite Mastercard® supports PC Financial® services core philosophy which hinges on simple and easy banking, no annual fee credit cards, no fee daily banking, competitive rates and grocery rewards. The PC Financial® World Elite Mastercard® makes rewards easier to earn and redeem than ever before.
For more information on the new President's Choice Financial® World Elite Mastercard® or to apply, please visit pcfinancial.ca.
The PC Financial® World Elite Mastercard® credit card is subject to eligibility criteria and credit approval.
About the survey
The President’s Choice Bank survey was completed online using Leger’s online panel, Leger Web, with a representative sample of 1,500 Canadians between August 6 and 10, 2015. A probability sample of the same size would yield a margin of error of +/-2.5 per cent.