Enrol to earn 2.25% interest until December 31, 2016 on new deposits to your President’s Choice Financial® Interest PlusTM Savings Account (IPSA).
Don’t have an IPSA? Call or visit us in-store
*2.25% Rate Promo Offer Terms and Conditions (September 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016)
The President’s Choice Financial® promotional interest offer (the “Offer”) is available to all Eligible Accounts between September 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016 (the “Offer Period”). “Eligible Account” means an existing non-registered President’s Choice Financial Interest PlusTM Savings Account and/or Interest First® Savings Account and any President’s Choice Financial Interest Plus Savings Account that is opened during the Offer Period. Only primary account holders are eligible for the Offer.
- To participate in the Offer, an Eligible Account holder must enrol for or accept the Offer during the Offer Period by calling 1 866 674 5613, visiting an in-store President’s Choice Financial pavilion or hub to speak with a customer service representative or by accepting the targeted online offer through online banking.
- The special annual interest rate of 2.25% is a combination of the regular annual interest rate set by President’s Choice Financial payable on an Eligible Account balance (“Regular Interest”), plus promotional interest (“Promotional Interest”) that is calculated for the Offer Period on the Additional Balance as defined below.
- The Promotional Interest is calculated on December 31, 2016 on the portion of the Eligible Account’s average daily closing balance during the Offer Period that exceeds the closing balance as at August 31, 2016 (the “Additional Balance”) to a maximum of $500,000 in Additional Balances aggregated across all of an account holder’s Eligible Accounts. The daily closing balance in any Eligible Account opened during the Enrolment Period will be deemed to be $0.00 until the date a deposit is made in the Eligible Account. If an Eligible Account is overdrawn as at August 31, 2016, the closing balance is deemed to be $0.00. Promotional Interest will not be paid on existing funds that were in a President’s Choice Financial account as at August 31, 2016 and are transferred to an Eligible Account.
- All Promotional Interest $0.50 or over will be paid in January 2017 into a single
Eligible Account held by a primary account holder. Promotional Interest will not
be paid unless at least one of the primary account holder’s Eligible Accounts is
active and in good standing as at December 31, 2016. If a primary account holder
holds more than one Eligible Account, Promotional Interest will be paid to an Eligible
Account in the following priority sequence:
- to the primary account holder’s Interest Plus Savings Account, if it is active and in good standing; otherwise
- to the primary account holder’s Interest First Savings Account, if it is active and in good standing.
- Eligible Accounts will continue to earn Regular Interest on balances, calculated daily and paid monthly.
Offer is non-transferable and cannot be combined with other promotional rate offers. The provider of President’s Choice Financial personal banking services (the direct banking division of CIBC), reserves the right to cancel or change the terms of the Offer at any time, and revoke the Offer for any customer who appears to be manipulating or abusing the Offer, or is engaged in any suspicious/fraudulent activity.
PLEASE NOTE: Regular Interest rates are subject to change at any time; visit http://www.banking.pcfinancial.ca/mkt/common/rates/todaysrates-en.html for current regular rates or speak to a President’s Choice Financial personal banking representative for current rates. Promotional Interest recipient is solely responsible for any tax consequences associated with the Promotional Interest.
®/TM PC, President’s Choice, PC Financial, President’s Choice Financial, and Interest Plus are trademarks of Loblaws Inc. Trademarks used under license. CIBC a licensee of the marks.
†President's Choice Financial personal banking services are provided by the direct banking division of CIBC. Banking services not available in Quebec.